Tuesday, April 20, 2010
(Hopefully) Daily Psalm Commentary Begins
I'm going to try to comment on a verse from the psalm designated for that day in the Jewish tradition as a mindfulness practice, so I figured I'd share them with you. I hope to be able to do this every day and keep them as brief as possible. If not, I'll try not to judge myself too harshly!
So here comes my first effort:Psalm 82, Vs. 1 (sorry this comes so late in the day): "God stands within God's community; in the midst of "gods" the Eternal judges." We are all connected through a power greater than ourselves. Wherever we are, we are constantly surrounded by other 'gods', other forces that pull us and tempt us. But in the midst of all this we must find our center...that sense of connection that which grounds us in the moment.
Posted by Rabbi Steven Nathan at 5:54 PM
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (48)
- Psalm Before Shabbat (for Friday): Psalm 93, vs. 2...
- Finding Compassion Within - a commentary on Parsha...
- Psalm for Thursday: Psalm 81, vs. 3
- Psalm for Wednesday: Psalm 94, verse 2 (corrected...
- Psalm for Tuesday: Psalm 82, Verse 2
- Psalm for Monday: Psalm 48, vs. 1
- Psalm For Sunday: Psalm 24, Vs. 1
- Commentary on Parshat Aharei Mot-Kedoshim
- Psalm for Friday - Psalm 93, vs. 1
- Psalm for Thursday: Psalm 81, vs. 1-2
- Psalm for Wedneday - Psalm 94, Vs. 1
- (Hopefully) Daily Psalm Commentary Begins
- The Light Within. A Commentary on Parshat Tazria-M...
- VERY belated post for Parshat Shemini
- Commentary for the Shabbat of Passover
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2009 (23)